Which UTH?

Taquiq

JK Herp
I use Exo-Terra. It doesn't get as hot as Zoo-Med if your not using a thermostat.

phoneguy

which kind rainforest or desert?

Desert. And if its a 20 gallon long the medium size will be a good size. Its 10.5" x 11" I like the exo terra's better than zoomed also. I know a lot of people use zoomeds but I have seen them get very hot, and they seem to get hot spots. The exo terras seem to give a more even heat.

One thing about exo terras is that if you peel off the backing and stick it to the tank, you can't ever take it off and use it again. I don't use the sticky back they want you to use. I use foil tape from the hardware store that is used to seal duct's (not duct tape). If you want to remove it for any reason you can and it stays in place just as well.

sammer021486

I use exo-terras as well. I had one zoo med and it developed hot spots all over it, so I returned it. I would still recommend using a thermostat on the exo-terra deserts, I have had them reach 115F when left unregulated. I am still using my original exo-terra which is 4 years old and it has not developed hot spots in those 4 years.

You can stick them to the tank, but it is very difficult to remove them once stuck there, unless you use glue a plastic safe glue remover, it is also hard to remove it without bending the mat. I have removed them, but the mat normally never laid flat again, still worked just never laid flat.

D

dkoernert

I use Zoo Med with a Zoo Med thermostat. The thermostat does not dial in the temp accurately (it does low, medium, and high), but with a good thermometer is is pretty easy to get the temp you want you just have to play with the thermostat.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I use Ultratherm heat mats, I prefer the ones that doesn't need to stick to the bottom of the tank.

T

Trevor's Leo

Im going to be using a ZooMed with a Rheostat, which controls the output of heat so i can control it better.

Visit our friends