wood vivarium lighting

Kaoticfury

Hello - I just finished building my wood vivarium, and have everything set up inside. I am having an issue with heating, I can get the heat mat to the right temperature with my thermostat, but the 2right light bulbs I have in there for lighting are making the ambient air really hot. Are there low watt bulbs I could put in that would emit hardly any heat, but still provide daylight?

Thanks,

reps4life

Hello - I just finished building my wood vivarium, and have everything set up inside. I am having an issue with heating, I can get the heat mat to the right temperature with my thermostat, but the 2right light bulbs I have in there for lighting are making the ambient air really hot. Are there low watt bulbs I could put in that would emit hardly any heat, but still provide daylight?

Thanks,

What bulbs are you currently using? wattage? for a leo?

reps4life

Thanks,
do you need it for extra heating or just for lighting?

Kaoticfury

I need daytime bulbs though. And something that does not emit heat. Do the low watt uvb bulbs emit heat?

Kaoticfury

I need daytime bulbs though. And something that does not emit heat. Do the low watt uvb bulbs emit heat? They would purely be for lighting, no heat

reps4life

Thanks,

If your purpose is to give him a photoperiod than buy a low UVB bulb and place it towards one end so he has the option to be in the dark as well.

Kaoticfury

Would the beat place to get one of those be a pet store like petsmart? I don't recall seeing a really low watt uvb bulb

reps4life

Visit our friends