Would this be ok?

Rell18

For my first leo, I plan on housing it in a 20 gallon long critter cage that is 30 x 12 x 12. Would this be ok for a baby or juvenile leo? I was going to use about 3 or 4 hides for my leo so its home wouldn't seem so gigantic to him/her while its young.

Also, for heating, I was going to use 2 infrared lights since our house can be pretty cool in the fall and winter. I know a lot of people say leos need belly heat and I was going to use slate tile as my leo's substrate. Even if I do use 2 infrared lights, would it heat up the slate so that my leo has belly heat? And wattage should I get? My house can get as low as 60 degrees in the winter and fall if that helps. I live in Ohio.

~Rell

roger

For my first leo, I plan on housing it in a 20 gallon long critter cage that is 30 x 12 x 12. Would this be ok for a baby or juvenile leo? I was going to use about 3 or 4 hides for my leo so its home wouldn't seem so gigantic to him/her while its young.

Also, for heating, I was going to use 2 infrared lights since our house can be pretty cool in the fall and winter. I know a lot of people say leos need belly heat and I was going to use slate tile as my leo's substrate. Even if I do use 2 infrared lights, would it heat up the slate so that my leo has belly heat? And wattage should I get? My house can get as low as 60 degrees in the winter and fall if that helps. I live in Ohio.

~Rell

IMO that enclosure is way too big for a baby or juvie.Juvies feel secure in a smaller enclosure where they can feel walls surrounding therm.U need an uth to put underneath 1/3 of the tank.Use the infrared bulbs only in a pinch

Visit our friends