Yayyyyy; got my temps running right

Diggs27

Well; got a 10 gallon aquarium last week; and was having trouble getting it warm enough with the lights supplied in the kit. Picked up a UTH on Friday; and then temps were going too high (102 -103) so went to the local Home Depot and picked up a Levitron dimmer control last night; got home and set it at approximate 3/4 full. About an hour after setting this up; temps were right around 94.6 -95.2 according to my zoo-med digital thermometer. This morning when I checked it; it was at 93.8; and staying at 93-94 degrees F. I am so happy that my temps are reading in the "right" range now. Thank you to all the fellow members of this forum for all the assistance and advice they have given me. Really was not as hard getting temps to the range as I thought they would be; but being a newbie, I probably would have been going in circles trying to figure out the temp situation. I know an in-line thermostat would be best; but as of right now; I am working with a limited budget and that will come with time. Once again; thanks to the members on this site who have helped me walk through setting up the tank to have better control over heating conditions. :main_thumbsup:

judagrmn

I have pretty much the same setup with a 10 gallon and just purchased a digital thermometer. Where did you stick the probe to get the most accurate reading? Right above the UTH? Not sure where to stick mine but my UTH hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

Pinky81

Diggs Nice Job with the temps your Leo will thank you for it!!!!!

I have pretty much the same setup with a 10 gallon and just purchased a digital thermometer. Where did you stick the probe to get the most accurate reading? Right above the UTH? Not sure where to stick mine but my UTH hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

Judagrmn you want to put the probe directly on the the tank floor so it shows what the temp is on your leo's belly. I'll put a pic of how i have my probe. That is Bonnie's hot hide. the UTH is just below.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
YAY... isn't it a relief when you finally get it all working right? So happy for you... congrats :)

Diggs27

It sure is. Been keeping up on temps pretty much every 1 - 1 1/2 hours; and the lowest it has dropped to was like 93.2 in the early morning - 96.4 in mid afternoon / early evening. Guess now that I got the temps to the right range; I'll be checking out some of the local big-chain stores and see what they got. I honestly am a little unsure which route I am going to be going in the long run. My fiance and I are going to the Super Pet Expo / Repticon next weekend at Valley Forge, and thinking about waiting until I go there and get one from a breeder at the show, but on the other hand; kinda working on a limited budget and don't know if I'll have enough to get one directly because I know they are probably more expensive then the pet stores.

Visit our friends