Zero and Stingers??

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Okay well a question arose on another post i had while showing off a little patty...I have a male and female Zero that i plan to breed next breeding season (2010-2011).

Will striped zeros only produce striped zeros or can they produce stingers (which are just banded zeros)? And if a Super Zero with no stripe is produced from a Striped Zero x Striped Zero pairing, wont that make it a "super stinger"? I hope I didnt lose anyone there..i kinda confused myself while writing it down lol

supperl

G.Man <- ask HJ
HI for what I leanerd from Jeff is that the Stinger is a nonstriped Zero.
So far you should be able to produce stingers from your pair of striped zeros IF these are not superstriped(homozygout Stripe).
Your best chance is to breed your male to some females that are not already Zero and hope it is not superstriped.
For the second question, where did you read that a nonstriped SZ from Striped Zero² was made? THat sounds interesting and I would also name that a superstinger.

Thanks
Thorsten

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Hello everyone, after a long wait lol...i finally go an answer from Jeff..im still a bit confused from his answer but here is what he sent me...

"Hi Alex,
if a zero is homozygous stripe ( which all of the original zeros were ) when you breed it to a normal you will get all stripes. If you have a heterozygous striped zero and breed it to normals you can get stingers from the breeding. We have a super stinger now and they are pretty weird looking, looks like a cross between a stinger and a patternless.

Thanks,

Jeff Galewood"

Visit our friends