Zoo-Med Excavator Clay

R

ricardo

hi there :D anyone tried the excavator clay as substrate to leopard geckos? i'm thinking in using it because it's not a loose substrate and you can feed your leopard in it without the problem of impaction :) and you can mold the substrate in any way you wish: you can create burrows, etc. in your opinion, is this the best subtrate for leopard geckos, both aesthetically and functionally?

regards ;)

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
yes and its a pain in the neck uve gotta wait 3 days for it to set so youve gotta have temp housing i think it looks rubbish and to make it look good uve gotta use it deep which means ure not goting to get the right temps

and on top of all that its expensive

R

ricardo

oh ok did not know that ... repti carpet and paper towels rules eheh

LizMarie

I've asked about this in the past and if you would have searched it you would have seen that it isn't the best substrate in the world.

It's expensive, I think the package says you cannot use it with a UTH, it's hard to clean and impossible to ever take out of your tank.

While pretty other's have spoken and didn't give it rave reviews at all.

reptilekeeper

I was going to try it next trip to the store but since all of you say its expensive im not going to get it. Thanks for saving me some money for a new gecko:)

Visit our friends