zoo med repti shed

earls413

Is it any good it seems no matter what i do my gecko still struggles to shed saw this at ***** and was curious about it. Any one tried it.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
ive never used it, but what kind of moist hide setup are you using? i use orchid moss in a tupperware container with a hole in the side. make sure it is misted every couple of days and its on the cooler side of my tubs. never have a problem with sheds that way. if you are noticing stuck shed though, you can soak them in a lukewarm bath or by using a moistened qtip to help around the eyes, toes, and tip of tail.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
put about 1/4 inch of lukewarm water in a tub, let him stand in it for about 10-15 minutes. then use the qtip to try and rub off the shed. worse case scenario you can use tweezers to help pull the shed off once its been soaked.

Lady Hyena

I actually use this on my engimas, Doll. shes a terrible shedder, end of story. And when it comes to soaking it stresses her out BAD as to she starts circling. thats the ONLY time she shows signs of the engimas spin. My other 2 engimas are fine with soaks along with the rest but she doesnt like it one bit so i bought the zoo med kind too(zillas nice too just im a zoo med gal) and its works great! the little bottle last a very long time! she'd definatlly get sparyed with that and have it rubbed gentely into her skin then being soaks. Just be sure to spary it on the toes and tail tips since thats the hardest for them to get off. Works great for me so far!:D Just gotta make sure you catch them shedding.:main_thumbsup:

sammer021486

I use the Zilla/ESU Shed Ease with great results for my blizzards, they always seem to leave shed on their toes too.

Tried coco fiber and sphagnum moss, my other geckos that use the sphagnum moss have no issues shedding, just my blizzards.

So they get a good soak with the Shed Ease and after about 10 minutes I can normally get it off their toes, if its really bad 30 minutes does the trick.

I never had good luck with them trying to remove the shed with a sauna and warm water alone.

Visit our friends