Zoomed Heat Cable: How hot does it get?

OneFootedAce

I'm building a couple of new racks, and with the tubs im using, in order to get the hot spot to ~94, I need the heat cable to be able to heat up to ~125 degrees around. (The tubs have fairly large feet which raise the tub about 1/2"..). I have one rack built with flexwatt, but im not overly impressed with it, so i'm looking into the cable/rope.
So, to any of you guys out there who use zoomed heat cable, will it get to 125*?

prettyinpink

Well you could double it up. They get VERY hot. I used mine on my glass tanks and I doubled it thinking it wouldn't get too hot but it ended up getting super hot. I didn't keep them on there long enough to see how high it would get as I wanted the temp to go down :p

OneFootedAce

Well you could double it up. They get VERY hot. I used mine on my glass tanks and I doubled it thinking it wouldn't get too hot but it ended up getting super hot. I didn't keep them on there long enough to see how high it would get as I wanted the temp to go down :p

Im routering two slits on the shelves on the rack for the heat cable to sit in (if that's what you mean by doubling it up, unless you mean to actually put one length directly on top of eachother..).
Good to hear that it gets hot, im hooking it up to a thermostat, so that shouldn't be an issue, I just wanted to make sure it'll get hot enough to get my hot spot on the tub, before i go out and buy it.
Thanks for the reply!

GeffGecko

GeckoKid
i just set up a rack with heat cable it works pretty good very easy to set up.
If you get heat cable I would do test for about a week or two before adding livestock. you have to play with the the heat controller to see how hot each tub gets. It gets hot within 10 secs after plug in you need a HEAT CONTROLLER

IMG_0478.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

roger

I'm building a couple of new racks, and with the tubs im using, in order to get the hot spot to ~94, I need the heat cable to be able to heat up to ~125 degrees around. (The tubs have fairly large feet which raise the tub about 1/2"..). I have one rack built with flexwatt, but im not overly impressed with it, so i'm looking into the cable/rope.
So, to any of you guys out there who use zoomed heat cable, will it get to 125*?

Adam i also have the tubs with the feet.Even if u are using cable you are still gonna run into the same problemI have my herpstat set for 105 to get my inside warm end to 95..cant understand why your having to set it for 125 ?

Visit our friends