Recent content by acpart

  1. acpart

    Leopard Gecko Questions

    The enclosure shouldn't be heated to the same temperature so the geckos can choose how warm or cool they need at any time. Put the heat element on the bottom of one side of the enclosure. They will probably spend more time on the warm side in the winter and more time on the cool side in the...
  2. acpart

    Substrate question?

    Sounds like a good plan. I've never used it but I think hot glue may be OK. Aliza
  3. acpart

    Stuck in a Trochus Shell

    Welcome! Show us some pictures. Aliza
  4. acpart

    Substrate question?

    What substrate are you thinking of? They'll probably be fine with what they have and what they're used to. I use ceramic tile and include a humid hide with coco fiber. Some people have used some sort of coco fiber substrate and I did for one of my enclosures for a number of years. If you...
  5. acpart

    Gecko illness

    You need to take your gecko to a vet. When you take it, ask the vet to test for cryptosporidiosis. It's important to know if it has this because if you have any other geckos, they probably have it too and if your gecko passes away and you want another gecko you have to disinfect the enclosure...
  6. acpart

    What's the Biggest Mistake New Gecko Breeders Make?

    Glad to see you're doing your research! I was a gecko breeder for 13 years, though I'm not doing that anymore. I'd say the two most important pieces of advice I would give are: 1. Start small (maximum 1 male and 2 females) and keep good records 2. Incubator: If you're using an incubator that...
  7. acpart

    Hi everyone!

    Here is translation of message above: Hello everyone! I'm a new member from China. I really love crested geckos and have recently started learning about their care, breeding, and genetics. I'm still learning, so I'd be very grateful for any advice from experienced keepers. I look forward to...
  8. acpart

    New Crestie Home

    Pothos is the primary plant of all my planted enclosures. Aliza
  9. acpart

    When it was time to say goodbye to my old cat

    Sorry for your loss. Our cat is almost 16 but still chugging along. Aliza
  10. acpart

    Repashy Calcium Plus

    The only geckos that really needed calcium left in the cage for constant access were the hatchlings when I was breeding them. Even young juveniles (a month or older) are OK with every other feeding. I feed adults twice a week, so every other feeding is once a week. Aliza
  11. acpart

    Petries new home

    Petrie should be very happy there! Aliza
  12. acpart

    Baby petrie

    He looks a lot more orange in this picture than in the one in the other thread! Don't worry about eating, it will happen. I hope you get a chance to handle him soon. Aliza
  13. acpart

    New Crestie Home

    I've had some success putting the CGD on the ground and the gecko has had no trouble finding it. You can also put a piece of velcro on the tree and a corresponding piece on the bowl. I think your gecko would also benefit from either real or fake plants so it can hide among the leaves. Aliza
  14. acpart

    Newbie saying hello

    Welcome! Happy looking gecko. Aliza
  15. acpart

    Repashy Calcium Plus

    In my opinion, calcium plus every other feeding is the best policy. It's a complete vitamin/calcium supplement containing vitamin A that geckos can absorb and the once a week feeding prevents hyper-calcification. Aliza
Top