Giant Raptor X Giant Rev Stripe Raptor
526247_415134585178773_333992706626295_1606877_2046968215_n.jpg

Bold Stripe X Giant Snow Tremper Bold Stripe
430769_404043012954597_333992706626295_1569702_1658812211_n.jpg

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Gorgeous geckos! I love the patterning! Thanks for sharing!

Landen

LSReptiles
thanks!

Wait till ya'll see the updated pics I need to take of the raptors post shed ..... ;)

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I'm having a terrible year! I've only the one hatchling for around 20 or more eggs! I'm ready to give up on vermiculite. What do you use to incubate Landen? I know humidity is my biggest issue, I lose most of my eggs to mold. But I've had some extreme temp issues too.

Geckomaster743

I'm having a terrible year! I've only the one hatchling for around 20 or more eggs! I'm ready to give up on vermiculite. What do you use to incubate Landen? I know humidity is my biggest issue, I lose most of my eggs to mold. But I've had some extreme temp issues too.
THANK YOU! It may not look like it but you just saved me alot of trouble. I had recently been thinking about what i should use for a substrate when incubating. I was deciding between Pearlite and Hatchrite ( Which has better Reviews ). Thanks for saving me the trouble of not using Vermiculite as an option. And Congrates on the Hatchlings landen. I look for new Photos of your Geckos every day. Must be a fun breeding season eh? And i have a question about genetics. Recently I discovered that breeding just got harder for me because its not Raptor X Raptor = Raptor 100%. So basicly genetics arent what i thought they were completely. Since i realized a Raptor is a Combo of a Bunch of Genes how do you get your Raptors or atleast calculate the %'s of a getting a raptor when dealing with 3 Different Genes. I belive a Raptor is made of Tremper Albino,Paternless and the Eclipse if im correct. How do you know of those 3 That you will get the Raptor that your Looking for.... Is it like a 25% Chance since there are 4 possible outcomes?

Landen

LSReptiles
Thanks guys...

I have used Vermiculite for years actually... Molding is caused by either too much humidity, infertile eggs, or the hatchling died at some point during incubation. Your not alone LeoLover, I've had about 40 eggs laid this year, so far 8 hatchlings are out, with about 12-15 eggs still cooking. I've had about a 50% infertile rate this year, which I believe is half due to some 1st year female holdbacks and half due to the warm winter we had throwing off some of my ladies ovulations. Check to make sure your Vermiculite is not too moist, but temp fluctuations are not good while incubating so I'd tackle that problem first or you may wind up with some deformities.

Darkmaster, there are alot of variables to genetics. With Raptors you have the 3 genes you mentioned (Eclipse - Tremper- Patternless Stripe) as well as the polyphonic gene for Tangerine. Eclipse and Tremper are both recessive genes which means you have to have both copies for it to be visually expressed in your hatchlings, at the same time each hatchling will have varying degrees of Tangerine and Patternless Stripe resulting in varying color and pattern of each hatchling. Also the Eclipse gene can vary between "snake eyed" and full eclipse eyes as well.

And thanks for everyone that has like the FB page... makes it alot easier for me to update in one place and post to different forums as I'm usually pressed for time and have a hard time making the rounds for updates everywhere.

Rylee

3 Year Member
I am having a terrible year too. 8 eggs all dead because of mold, no hatchlings. But i am using Hatchrite.. im about to buy some new stuff...whats the best???

Visit our friends