4 geckos in a 20-Gallon Long tank?

4 geckos in a 20-Gallon Long?

• NO! They would be cramped. Just be happy and content with what you have!

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • 50/50 on the idea... What the heck, give it a try! Besides, the more leo's, the better!!! Can't have

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • YES! I have had/currently do house groups of 4 Leos in a 20-Gallon long tank, and they do just fine!

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Taquiq

JK Herp
Since you got to quarantine, why not get a 10 gallon tank just for itself. They are cheap and it would be best for your animal. I voted No.

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
They compete for food and the smallest one will stay the smallest one. Its better to keep them separate to make each gecko as strong a possible. Especially for breeding purposes.

I've tried keeping 3 girls in a 55 and sure enough the smallest kept loosing weight. When I separated her she beefed up like a champ. I put her back in with the rest and the middle girl started loosing weight. That's how I came to my conclusion.

Well i always feed my geckos separately so i know how much each one is taking in and make sure that each one gets what they need, as to avoid that whole problem.

LeoMerlin

I'm not an expert by any means but putting more than 3 in a 20 gallon long seems like some fights could start, or diseases and such. I wouldn't want to risk it. Heck, I wouldn't want to risk putting more than 2 in a 20 gallon long, but I guess that's just me being a 'lil paranoid, lol. Right now I just have the one gecko and he seems content being by himself without the added stress of roomies. I would love to get another gecko down the line, but I will have to wait a bit. At least I'll have the 10 gallon as the new home for a new gecko if I chose to get a new one. The only problem I'd have is that if I did put another one with Merlin after the quarantine, they told me he's a male, so I can't get another male in case they started fighting, and if I got a female, they might breed. I wouldn't have any room for new babies for a good while so I'll keep Merlin and once I have a bigger place, I may get more but will have to wait and see.

Visit our friends