40G Breeder

Southern_Slang

Will this be too big for a Leo to live in? I'm a noob to the site and im looking forward to getting me a Leo this week, and i have a 40 breeder thats not in use. Please help, all posts will be appreciated, thanks in advanced!!! :help:

wakeskate420

a 40g breeder is a good size, i have a 75g that i keep my 4 girls in and they use every inch of it, i even put in a small second level that's right around 11 x 18

shiftygecko

Hello... So the general rule through out the leo community as far as i know is if you are getting a juvi then use a 10g. So it is easier for the leo to hunt its prey. Other then that its 10g per gecko. I have 3 in a 30g long?(36"x18"x12") and another two in a 25g long? 30"x18"x12". And they all seam very happy. I hope this helps.

shiftygecko

Southern_Slang

Thanks guys i'm gettin one for now after i get a few months of experience in i'll eventually get another or two my goal is to get a male amd 2 females.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
As far as I know, the bigger the better. They're not like some other stuff, that likes cramped quarters. All that room would allow you to make a pretty cool naturalistic setup.

I wish I had a 40g and somewhere to put it... that would be awesome.

monkeytechahoo

I'm thinking of stacking two 40 gallons together and make two full sized levels im drawing it up as we speak

We're just gonna add another floor on some dowels. I can't do the double tanks, too tall for me. *lol*

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
No such thing as too big. I am cutting my leos back to two breeding trios and moving them from a rack into 48x18x18 cages for each trio.

wakeskate420

I also have magnetic ledges and reptile hammocks in my tank that they love to climb on, it's an easy way to add a little extra to a tank, plus you can move them as you please since they're not permanent

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Southern_Slang

I also have magnetic ledges and reptile hammocks in my tank that they love to climb on, it's an easy way to add a little extra to a tank, plus you can move them as you please since they're not permanent

Where did u get magnetic ledges from if u dont mind me askin??

wakeskate420

I got mine off of amazon, they're called magnaturals and I got two 13x8 ledges for 16.50 a piece, the official site is pettech.com if you didn't wanna go through amazon

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
You can get them at Pangea too. Pangea also makes a ledge that will hold two deli cups, and as far as I know, they are the only ones who do.

I have two of them and love them.

wakeskate420

pakinjak said:
You can get them at Pangea too. Pangea also makes a ledge that will hold two deli cups, and as far as I know, they are the only ones who do.

Magnaturals also has them

Visit our friends