A few questions

BGalloway

You will need 3 kinds of supplement powder.

Ca without D3 for in the dish in the tank.
Ca with D3 for dusting.
Vitamin powder for dusting.

Supplementing schedules vary based on who you talk to but when my little guy was young he got Calcium 3 times a week and Vitamin 2-3 times a week. Now that he's older and not eating as often its roughly once a week with each powder.

Gabrial

He's a 4-5 year old Gecko. =) So should i use miner-all? And how often.Sorry about all the questions I'm new to leopard gecko's.So thanks for the help.

CapCitySteve

Yeah miner-all will work. Just make sure it has Vitamin D3 in it. And once or twice a week should be plenty. You can also get some just plain calcium with out D3 and put it in a small dish in his cage 24 / 7. He'll lick it when he wants some.

And don't appologize for asking questions ;0) . We all like answering them and having chats about topics like this. We're glad to help.

Steve

BGalloway

You said you have Calcium with D3, so it shouldn't matter if the Miner-all does or doesn't have D3.

You will need Miner-all.

You can google pet stores near you and check their websites or go directly to the stores and ask if they carry it. Even if they don't have Miner-all, as long as they have a vitamin supplement powder you'll be fine. Honestly brand name doesn't matter :main_thumbsup:.

BGalloway

As I mentioned before it varies based on who you ask. Does your gecko look healthy? Does he have stong bones? Is he active and alert(this would be after he adapts to his new surroundings)? If so I see nothing wrong with only supplememnting once a month.

But that is to say he eats prey dusted with vitamins once a month and Calcium with D3 once a month. So technically two dustings total in one month. And dusting more often wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, my little guy gets offered dusted food about once a week. Also, make sure the Calcium without D3 is available in the enclosure at all times.

Gabrial

Ok, so i do need something like herptivite, not just calcium and calcium D3.Just making sure I'm doing what's best for the gecko.So if i need to I'll go get some this friday.Thanks for all the help.

roger

You said you have Calcium with D3, so it shouldn't matter if the Miner-all does or doesn't have D3.

You will need Miner-all.

You can google pet stores near you and check their websites or go directly to the stores and ask if they carry it. Even if they don't have Miner-all, as long as they have a vitamin supplement powder you'll be fine. Honestly brand name doesn't matter :main_thumbsup:.

Be careful there are two miner-alls It should be the MINER -All I as in "indoor"

Visit our friends