A hold back and a mystery. Thoughts?

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
Hey guys I wanted to post one of the cresteds we are deciding to hold onto from our hatchlings this year. He/she came from a red harley inkspot male mated to a super dalmatian female. I'll post pics of the parents later.
The photo really does him no justice, he has nice patterning on his sides and is peppered with little spots everywhere, and he's even starting to fire up red in color too.
101_4475.jpg

Now here is the mystery man. We bought this fellow at a local show about a year or so ago and I have waited to post anything about him because I didn't know what to make of him. When we got him at the show he was about 4 grams and was absolutely chocolate chipped with big ink spots. But for as long as we have had him since, he looks like a... I don't know, a "ghost" dalmation. We are going to pair him with our super dalmatian girl mention above withing the next couple seasons and see what happens. I'll keep you posted. I'll try to get a better pic of him in some natural light when I can but for now this will have to do.
101_4483.jpg

Magic Merlin

He is not firing up......put him in a 1 gallon jug with a bunch of wet papertowels or spagnum moss to create a little sauna/spa for him at 80 degrees and stick him in a dark closet for about an hour.......bet he comes out a different color. LOL

GeckoStud

Fatty Fatty Boomballaty
He is not firing up......put him in a 1 gallon jug with a bunch of wet papertowels or spagnum moss to create a little sauna/spa for him at 80 degrees and stick him in a dark closet for about an hour.......bet he comes out a different color. LOL

Is it common for their spots to fade too? I have other animals that have a number of dalmation or ink spots but their spots never fade in color when they aren't fired up. That was the only question I had about this guy is when hes fired down his spots faded away. His spots in the photo above are actually showing up darker than they normally do. The only ones that don't seem to fade are the tail spots. I just thought it was odd and wanted to get some opinions on him. He may very well be fired down and I may try the little "experiment" you mentioned above to see if anything changes.

Visit our friends