Ack!

Adinar

Adinar just laid her eggs and the incubation stuff isn't supposed to be here until tomorrow. I've been calling around to see if I can find any incubating stuff like Hatchrite or anything like that, but I've struck out at all places. >.< Only things I can really get ahold of right now is eco earth.... would this suffice until tomorrow?

Vegas_Eric

Adinar just laid her eggs and the incubation stuff isn't supposed to be here until tomorrow. I've been calling around to see if I can find any incubating stuff like Hatchrite or anything like that, but I've struck out at all places. >.< Only things I can really get ahold of right now is eco earth.... would this suffice until tomorrow?

That would probably work, or you can use perlite which you can pick yo just about anywhere. Wally World, Lowes or Home Depot are just a few places you would be able to get the stuff now.

Follow these instructions and you will do just fine:

http://www.progeckos.com/caresheets/leo_incubation.htm

Adinar

After the inital excitment of her laying calmed down, we were able to get things under control. Unfortunetally our local Walmart doesn't carry vermiculite/peralite... apparently being out in farm country people have no use for this. lol. So after a quick call to our local petstore owner (who happens to take care of his reptiles like they should be) we were able to figure out the eco earth : water ratio. We got everything set up, transferred the eggs, then returned them to her enclosure to keep them warm.

I even called off work tomorrow so I can sit and wait for the Fedex delivery. (I'm nuts, I know.)

So far so good, but I'm excited to get the incubator and all that and get the eggs into that.

Adinar

Yeah, go figure I work for Lowe's but forgot all about it. Lol. Stuff should be here tomorrow but I'm still going to buy a bag to put away should this happen again.

Adinar

Just an update -

Incubator just got here a few minutes ago. I got that baby fired up and letting it run for a few hours before putting in the eggs.

Woot!

M

mushraeddur

Just an update -

Incubator just got here a few minutes ago. I got that baby fired up and letting it run for a few hours before putting in the eggs.

Woot!

nice, u should post some picks when they hatch! Good luck

Adinar

We plan on it. Not getting our hopes up too much, seeing this is our first time and all. One of the eggs has already formed a dent and I'm still working on getting the incubator calibrated. So in the meantime I moistened a bit of papertowel and laid it over top the dented egg. I'll check on it tomorrow to see if it helped.

Visit our friends