adding a new gecko to a viv?

tiedxupxinxknots

Animated Geckos
first of all, im new to leopard geckos and ive been a owner for about a lil over a weak, i have a 3 month old female and she is already used to her new home,eating, and acting like a normal gecko, and well i was thinking about getting her a roommate, another female, and well i was told to quarantine new geckos, but ive only had her for about a week lol and the new gecko im getting is some1 recommended by the breeder of my first gecko so i trust him but would you guys recommend me putting them together?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Even though the new gecko is recommended, it's still a good idea to quarantine, so you'd need to have a second set-up. Some people here feel strongly that their geckos only thrive when kept separately, but I've been keeping mine in small groups with no problems. Still, you have to be prepared for the geckos to not get along. I'd recommend the following:
--get a second set-up (you can get the large plastic faunariums for less money than a tank)
--quarantine the new gecko for at least a month
--assuming you have your current gecko in at least a 20 gallon long, clean the tank and everything in it so it doesn't smell like your current gecko. If you have your current gecko in a 10 gallon, you'll need a larger tank anyway, so get a 20 gallon as your second set-up
--put the 2 geckos together into the cleaned tank and watch them carefully to make sure they get along.

Aliza

Visit our friends