Additional decor ideas

Griffinej5

image.jpg
This my current setup for my Leo. She's about 1 year old. This is a 20 high, and I'd like to use some of the vertical space. I had her in a 10, and a friend had this tank she was getting rid of before she moves. I figured it wouldn't harm anything to have a high tank since Leo use under tank heat. In the pic, she is on the warm side. Behind that cave, the Tupperware container is the humid hide. I could go for something better looking maybe. The rock dish is a water dish. That could maybe afford to be bigger now that she is grown up, and there is some floor space for it. The green dish is a food dish, and in front of of that is the cool hide. The cool hide needs to stay there, since that's where she poops. I may change my substrate to repti carpet.
This tank is in my basement, it's sort of off to the side, but people can see it if they come over, so it should look decent. Also, behind that what you're seeing is a bed. Part of the time nobody sleeps there, the other part, a 4 year old girl stays there. She loves to watch the gecko. She's as helpful as a 4 year old can be in taking care of a gecko (she willingly touches worms in order to help, so she's actually pretty good). She's pretty amused by Pineapple (what she named the Leo) sneaking out at night. Ideas that would maximize her ability to see Pineapple would be great.

Ruvik

Hm This is my tank I have now. It's a 29 gallon and houses two leopard geckos. Most of the stuff inside you can get at pet co and pets mart. I use eco earth as a natural substrate which isn't harmful to the geckos. A plus to the substrate is that it takes away a lot of the smell that comes from the poop.

Visit our friends