Additional Playthings?

Sabor

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any simple and cheap ideas for playthings for my leopard gecko? I would prefer something for them to climb on or run through. Also, what type of obstical course set up would be safe and fun for them? I would place a mealworm at the end of the course because I do not feed crickets.

indyana

Anything with tunnels or crevices would be interesting to them, as they love to squeeze into spaces. Tubes, ramps, narrow crevices, either vertical or horizontal, etc. If you were going to set up full time in the cage, they would have to be disposable or made of durable and easy to clean material. Safety-wise, it's important to make sure the gecko can't slip off a surface and fall too far, and also be certain all the pieces are secure and can't be knocked over or cause injury.

Herbiebug

Little late to the thread here but anything involving cardboard and PVC piping is beloved of all gecko kind. Short/wide cardboard boxes with a couple random holes cut in -think like cereal box cut in half- is perfect. Plumbing section of any hardware store has all manner of PVC bits for geckos to explore.

Visit our friends