AFT breeding question

I only have Leos and a Crested... I think one of my friends brothers (Kinda my friend) has an AFT. I am not sure. Has anyone ever tried to breed AFT with Leopards? Do they fight? Or do they get along? Do some differ? :main_huh::main_huh:

That is what I would like to know. I might show more interest in AFT at the Daytona Expo if they have some there.

Lena

I question all things.
I believe it's been done with no success. I still contend that it may be possible, but genetically speaking it's unlikely.

AFTs and Leopard Geckos are genetically much further apart than you'd think. They don't even belong to the same genus! What this means is that they don't have the right number of chromosomes to produce offspring.

EDIT: Forgot to add - If they were to produce young, it woudn't be fertile either. Think Donkey + Horse = Mule (Infertile).

Lena

I question all things.
They've got pretty much the same temperament as a leopard gecko.. I wouldn't house them together permanently as AFTs need a little more humidity. As for a breeding response, I couldn't say.

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
leopards are much more aggressive than afts. i would not house them together, the leopards will out compete and bully the afts.

also, leopards can not breed with afts, they are different species.

Visit our friends