Age male and female can be put together

SassyAbi

Hi all,
What is the minimum age you can house a male and female together? I have a 4 month almost 5 month old male and I may be getting a female soon like in the new year when he'll be around 7 months. Will he be able to live with a female of the same age or will it be harmful, I know I'd have to keep a close eye on them alot.

GeckoGal

GeckoGal
Well, they'll breed. At 4 and 5 months I DEFIANTLY would not, but that's just me. I wait until my geckos are at least 8 months and at 45-60. Are you prepared for babies?

JordanAng420

Agreed with Michaelah.

The real answer to your question is, whenever you're ready for eggs. HOWEVER, even though the geckos bodies at 5 months and 7 months are capable of producing fertile eggs doesn't mean they SHOULD. That's kinda like putting your 16 year old daughter in a locked room with her boyfriend and telling them to have fun. They sure will, but it doesn't mean either one of them is ready for it.

Short answer- wait until they're about a year and 55 grams.

SassyAbi

Ok I think I'll wait till they weigh 45g and up before I consider it again and by then I can be ready for eggs =) Thanks everyone for the response. I'm a total newb

Visit our friends