Albino combine

Aquila

I have one... lightly stupid question.

If we combine two different strains of albinos, genetics say that in F2 we must have 6.25% babes, who have combine both strains.
But i never sow some like this. Where is the true?

Best regards
Ivo

Srt14292

Est; 1992
No, just no, No crossing of the albino strains, you will not get a bell tremper, or a bell las vegas, or a lv tremper, its impossible.
All you will get are double hets, useless for breeding IMO. Just don't bother combining albino strains.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
I've never seen pics, but from what I've read combo albinos have been produced and proven, but they were not visibly different from the strains being combined.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Ive never witnessed as double homozygous albino and all the evidence i have read has never proved that, if you could provide a link to an article about it or wherever you read it I would love to read it.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Cheers dude, Although I would have thought if they looked no different it would be a bit like the enigma, with the no one really knows what a homozygous enigma looks like, but we suggest not breeding two together for enigma issues and that, I mean I know albinos don't really have that problem but I still wouldn't think it would be healthy, but still. Interesting, Still even after that I wouldn't suggest breeding the two together anyways but each to his own I suppose.
Thanks for posting links.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
You're welcome. I agree that breeding two strains together is a bad idea, you create a lot of unknowns in the process of breeding and proving double homozygous albinos.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I am against breeding 2 albinos of different strains together as well. However, who knows what could eventually happen down the line if people did. Could be good or bad...but we have a good thing going so don't ruin it.

Aquila

Can i get some concrete answer? Not only forbids. Wat is the problem? Some genetics disorder or?

And what is meaning
not visibly different from the strains being combined
We have geckos who look likes one of the strains and some who look likes the other? Or something in the middle?

Regards
Ivo

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Take a look at the thread titled "Muddy Waters" at the top of this subforum, it is a good discussion on why mixing albino strains and creating genetic mutts are a bad thing to do.

Wandering Paddle

Cheers dude, Although I would have thought if they looked no different it would be a bit like the enigma, with the no one really knows what a homozygous enigma looks like, but we suggest not breeding two together for enigma issues and that, I mean I know albinos don't really have that problem but I still wouldn't think it would be healthy, but still. Interesting, Still even after that I wouldn't suggest breeding the two together anyways but each to his own I suppose.
Thanks for posting links.

Homozygous enigmas have been produced. If they had not been people would still be arguing over the mode of inheritance like they did when it was thought it may be codom or incomplete.

Wandering Paddle

Can i get some concrete answer? Not only forbids. Wat is the problem? Some genetics disorder or?

Regards
Ivo

beyond the fact that we are dealing with albinos, their wouldnt be any mutations or disorders caused by the combination of two albino strains. Here is the number one reason why you should never breed different strains of albino: you will NEVER be able to identify the f2 generation. Therefore you will never know what genetics any generation after that carries, and in this case expresses.

Anyone else heard about the "new blood" albino? what a joke... they were all just a mixture of rainwater and tremper.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Homozygous enigmas have been produced. If they had not been people would still be arguing over the mode of inheritance like they did when it was thought it may be codom or incomplete.

Ok maybe I didn't phrase that right, What I meant was, the homozygous don't look anything different from the heterozygous form but I know there have been some homozygous enigmas proved out. Does that make more sence?

Visit our friends