Alternative egg incubator

K

kirk98

Is this possible... To incubate for Females,to just keep them in a room with the temperature between 78 - 82 degrees, and not vent the container and just open the box once a week for air exchange, and then cover it back up, and that the Perlite or vermiculite would release the proper amount of humidity. the same for using a incubator and not putting holes in the container so that you don't have to add water to the incubator. ?? I hear it works. What do you guys think.

stewy84

yes Ive heard of people doing this but I wouldn't try it, a $40 hovabator from farm and fleet (if you have one in your area) is a vary popular way for beginners to start. I have 2 of them and a mini frig i turned into one.

MiamiLeos

you can as long as your positive the temps dont fluctuate. its hard because at night the temps can drop 10 or so degrees from the day time temps, but we dont notice cus were sleepin lol

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
If you go to Albey's Too cool reptiles website, that is actually how they incubate for females. They go into a detailed explaination of how they set up their container. So, go look there! =]

Visit our friends