Another rescue in my care

discoverlight

I thought I'd do an update on Juicy Fruit, the rescue gecko that's been with me the longest. He was originally a 'breeders' throw away and he looked ill and was a very confusing morph (nobody here is really sure what he is) so I finally got a confession that this breeder just bought him from a pet store.

Now thin tail, not eating, throwing up food, diarrheah, I thought it might be Crypto.

After three weeks of antibiotics to treat a bacterial digestive infection, and parasites, he is now eating a steady 8 mealworms a day! It's the first time he has eaten anything without throwing it up, and is actually pooping. It's still mushy poop, but it's brown finally and has no blood in it.

He is a lot more active and is getting better day by day, he was so bad at one point I called to ask how much euthanasia was for reptiles, but he pulled through! :D He is in a minimalistic 30qt bin for hygienic purposes, lets me clean everything fast and keep him quarantined and not get re-infected with parasites. I keep his enclosure 100% squeaky clean all day and I spot clean.

tumblr_nwg0jgF9Zy1qjin05o1_540.jpg

Visit our friends