Any benefit in downgrading from a 20L to a 15 gal? 2 girls

ggg111

I have two girls both 6 1/2 months old. They are in a 20 L right now, and I wanted to know if there was any benefit to moving them to a 15 gallon tank? I know it might sound like a weird question but I've heard too big a tank can stress some animals out.

Thank you!

LizMarie

No they wouldent benefit, the general rule is one gecko per 10 gallons.

I thought the general rule was one square foot (12x12) per gecko because when you speak about gallons your most likely speaking about volume which can be misleading.

ggg111

20 long gallons = 30" x 12"
15 gallons = 24" x 12"

So 15 gal is 2 ft cubed I believe.

So is there an UPSIDE in moving them to the 15? I already have the glass 15 tank so its not like im doing any extra investment. That being said I have no reason to move them, unless the smaller space is better.

Tommy13b

I thought the general rule was one square foot (12x12) per gecko because when you speak about gallons your most likely speaking about volume which can be misleading.

My bad i was asuming he was useing a terarium not an aquarium, but yeah theres no real benifit of moveing them to a 15 gallon i have two 20's with one gecko in each. They do fine if you just put an extra hide or two in with them.

Last edited:

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I think your 2 girls will do fine in their current 20L (30x12"). They'll grow bigger in size later on since they're only 6.5 months at the moment. To me, 30x12" is a better size for 2 adult leos.

Visit our friends