Baby is only interested in...

Gopherhockey03

The baby shows zero interest in small crickets and mini mealworms... But as soon as I put a medium sized cricket or big meal worm shes in hunt mode I obviously take it away from her before she gets it but still!!! Anyone else have this problem!!! Or how to get them interested in small food. I use the feeder tweezers but still zero interest.

Sammerz1990

3 Year Member
The baby shows zero interest in small crickets and mini mealworms... But as soon as I put a medium sized cricket or big meal worm shes in hunt mode I obviously take it away from her before she gets it but still!!! Anyone else have this problem!!! Or how to get them interested in small food. I use the feeder tweezers but still zero interest.
My 2 Leopard Geckos had the same problem, I just left the crickets in the cage with them... if they get hungry enough they wont be so picky about it and just eat what is available to them.

jfreemo75

3 Year Member
Our babies always went for the bigger ones too. As long as they weren't too big, they never had a problem eating them.

Gopherhockey03

Ya she won't even bother with small meal worms or crickets... When they say don't feed your gecko food larger then between the geckos does that include the length of a mealworm or thickness?

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I've never seen a gecko give up on a meal due to size... except once with a rat pinky. It was just too big. But crckets crush down well. I'd let 'em try it.

Visit our friends