Bearded Dragon Behavior

Desdemona

So, I've had my dragon for almost a year now and I've always wondered how "normal," she was or was not. After reading a thread on how high temps in the incubator can cause brain damage I'm wondering if the same happens to Dragon's and if she was a victim. She does have a tail kink, which was a mentioned side effect and I have caught her star gazing. She really doesn't seem to have much going on between her ear holes anyways. She has gone on on and off food strikes since I've gotten her as well. Took her to the vet the last time since it went on longer than previously but he could find nothing wrong.

She also on and off acts like she has relocation stress, ie the mad running around the cage trying to get out. She'll do this even if I've never changed anything.

Does this seem unusual or are Bearded Dragons a little mental as a whole? I bought her Christmas weekend last year as a present to my son (or at least that was my excuse, haha) and she has pretty much been the same. I got her from a better than average reptile store as a older Juvie... she was a foot long. She has only grown 2" since I got her, so she was almost full grown then. She is a small Dragon.

artes

You may just have a crazy one. I wouldn't worry too much about it - if its brain damage, there's nothing you can do anyway. Just continue to enjoy your crazy baby and feed him when he'll take it! I've discovered that zucchini will make just about any dragon get up and do a tap dance for you, so maybe try that when he's being stubborn. Mine like for it to be cooked in olive oil.

Visit our friends