bio active substrate

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
It really doesn't matter how many claims they make of it, any loose substrate used with leopard geckos is always going to be potentially harmful and life-threatening because of the risk of impaction.

It looks like a lot of time goes into making it as well, I wouldn't be motivated to work on a substrate for that long XD

Just go with good ol' paper towel or tiles. It may not be as visually appealing, but your gecko will be much healthier and will live much longer than it would if it were kept on a loose substrate.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Do a search here and you'll find at least one other thread that started with the same question. My African fat tails are on coco fiber with no ill effects. I'm actually planning to do a trial of this in one of my leo tanks, though I'll primarily use coco fiber.

Aliza

LeoMerlin

I would think the risk of impaction would be too great for something like that. Yea it looks more "natural" for some reptiles, but leopard geckos are from rocky desert areas. I wouldn't think it'd be safe for them, especially since I think some plants can be toxic to them.

Visit our friends