Blacklight cfl

Kaianuanu

So I have my first baby retic garg named 'Ghost', and i am almost done building his 20g glass custom enclosure. And i was wondering if i could keep a blacklight cfl on him for nighttime viewing. It will also give him a small ammount of extra warmth although they are fine in room temp in case he gets cold. I am also thinking about a red cfl instead.

Kaianuanu

here is his custom terrarium, i have since mounted the glass door and now i just hve to mount the screen in the top and add the soil and the schefflera arboricola or umbrella plant i bought for him. Is has a volume of 20.8 gallons and the floor panel and the side panels are from old broken 10 gallon tanks.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
The UV radiation from black lights can cause eye damage in humans with prolonged exposure, I suspect the same would hold true for reptiles.

Kaianuanu

Wow, that is pretty sweet. That would be awsome for cresties too! Congrats on the hard work you put into it, it looks great!

thanks, i'll post some pics once i get it all together for him, I have a question though, should i use a schefflera arboricola umbrella plant in it or should i just use dead branches and silk plants. I already have a very nice umbrella plant specimen, but it is really big so ill have to trim and thin it out alot. Also what about a red cfl

Visit our friends