Broken Leg?!?

BuddyTony

My leo blizzard gecko Skipper has a weird thing with his leg he cant walk right! His leg looks really messed up when he walks and im not sure what to do? Ill try to get a pic uploaded a.s.a.p.
But Please Help!

Rylee

3 Year Member
Pics would help!!! Try to get him to a vet as soon as possible. If a vet is absolutely out of the option, you might wanna try to splint it using cotton, tape and popsicle sticks.

Khenut

Could be Metabolic Bone Disease if it's not broken. Get to a Vet, though, there's nothing any of us can do for it. I wouldn't even touch the leg, because it might further its pain.

BuddyTony

he seems to be doing a lot better now than he was before i think there was some sheded skin on his foot and it just made im walk weird. But another question is he stinks a lot and his cage does to is there something i can do to get rid of the stink.

Khenut

What kind of stink? Are you using repticarpet or paper towels? If so, I'd just do a deep clean of everything with some hot water and maybe a dab of soap. Is your Leo defecating okay?

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Any update on how this little guy is doing? Were you able to figure out what was wrong?

BuddyTony

ya it just needed a good wash it smells better now... Another question! my gecko seems to be getting a little skinny in the tail and the body is that just lack of calcium or what i feed him 5-8 meelworms with leopard gecko calcium. and he has a black spot on his back. I dont know what it is. could it be a birth mark or a parasite or something? The Problem is that my parents wont take him to the vet because its expensive so im kinda stuck. and he behaves nomally but those are just some small questions.

Visit our friends