Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 9/10

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 10/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Noahboa1

Avid Leopard Gecko Keeper
1. What substrate are you using? Paper Towel.
2. What sized enclosure do you have your leo in? Home Made enclosure. Approx. 60 gal.
3. What are your warm side temperatures? 87* F.
4. How are the temperatures measured? Thermostat and Probe.
5. What are you using as your heat source? UTH (Under-Tank Heater).
6. Do you have any method of regulating the temperatures? Thermostat and Probe.
7. How many hides do you have for your leo? What are they? I have 7 hides. 2 cool (12'' Log and a fake rock), 2 warm (Fake Rock w/ Plants and a Large Sized Log), 1 Large Gradient Hide (2 Rock Logs and 1 small wood log).
8. What food have you offered? Mealworms/Superworms.
9. How often do you offer food? 3 times a week.
10. Are you supplementing the food? If so, with what and how often? Yes, I have a shallow bowl with pure calcium. I dust the mealworms/superworms every other feeding with calcium w/ d3
11. How old is your leo? The Male is 5 years and weighs 71 grams. The Female is 3 years and weighs 63 grams.
12. How long have you had your leo? The female for 3 years. The male for 8 months.
13. Give a little detail about the behaviour of the Leo also. They are both normally active and a ravenous when it's feeding time.

I will post photos later.:main_thumbsup:

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
The hot temps need to be in the mid 90's. 87 is a little too cold. For me, personally.. I wouldnt keep two leos in a 60G, IMO it is too big for them and they can get a little intimidated with a large enclosure. However, that is just my personally preference... so take it with a grain of salt.
I would also feed a more varied diet which included roaches or crickets. I just believe that they get better nutrients that way. Each food source supplies some form of good nutrition, some more than others. So I like crickets, mealworms daily/EOD. with superworms 3X weekly and wax worms 1x weekly. Dusted, EOD. That is just my feeding plan.
Other than that, everything sounds alright.

leogecko88

It all sounds good, except for the temps. Try to raise it a little. My leo won't use the hot side if it goes over 92 degrees.
I also have a large tank for my leo. She is in a forty gallon.

Noahboa1

ok cool thanks for the advice :D. set the thermostat to 91 so we'll se how they like it. i am uploading the pictures now so you can look at the setup :).

g3ckosr4me

can they go through the holes to get to diff temps?.......otherwise i like it......oh ya on one of the last few pictures is your front screen?(nothing wrong with that...just wanted to know)

Noahboa1

can they go through the holes to get to diff temps?.......otherwise i like it......oh ya on one of the last few pictures is your front screen?(nothing wrong with that...just wanted to know)

To answer your question, yes. they can go through the holes for different temps. :D
Also the last two pictures are of the one with the screen front.

Visit our friends