Cage Upgrade to 33gallon long

mikcamjon

Recently purchased a leopard gecko for my son's and the pet store recommended buying an exoterra cage (12"x12"x18", LxWxH). About an hour after I set it up I realized it was much too small for this gecko.
exoterra.JPG

I had a few cages laying around the house and decided to upgrade him to a 33 gallon (12x48x12).
IMG_9025.JPG

I have placed tile on the floor and used grout so that no crap could get underneath. The left side is heated with an UTH and kept around 95.
IMG_9026.JPG

After everything is placed back in after cleaning. There is a moist hide on the right and a large Lego house and tunnel in the middle (the kids helped build the house and is the gecko's favorite hide).

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Good move, it looks nice. I guess you'll have to get a crested gecko to keep in the exo-terra . . .

Aliza

mikcamjon

Good move, it looks nice. I guess you'll have to get a crested gecko to keep in the exo-terra . . .

Aliza

I think I will leave the exo-terra alone for a while, I will let the boys take care of the one gecko for awhile before they get anything else.

monkeytechahoo

Leggos?!?!? :main_huh::main_thumbsup: I'll have to get my son busy with our leo. :D We just moved our adult into a tiled 55 and I was wondering about a 2nd level. Griff is so active and there's isn't much in there right now to climb on but the hides.

Blacksupra94

Aliza

I had my crested in an 18x18x18 exo terra and I felt it was a tiny bit cramped in there for him , luckily he got ugradded.

Looks like your leo will have a ton of exploring space in there !

molzonice

Does anyone have any good ideas for putting in a second level into the 18x18x18 exo terra tank? Or maybe even some pictures of one that someone has done that to?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Lots of creatively stacked rocks, hammocks, corrogated down spout redirecter tubes or old vacuum hose they can climb in and have traction... think chuck-e-cheese play world :) My tank has a few levels from creativly stacked rocks and Eros loves it... there's a photo album in my user profile if you'd like to check it out for ideas.

Daedric1

Does anyone have any good ideas for putting in a second level into the 18x18x18 exo terra tank? Or maybe even some pictures of one that someone has done that to?

Why? Leos don't need second levels to tanks. All you need to do is place rocks or driftwood (placed in a stable fashion so it won't fall) in different places around the tank and that should be enough for them to climb on.

You can also buy a lizard ladder or hammock (or both) for the tank if you want to add more dimension.

Visit our friends