Can anyone help us ID our rescue gecko?

Bex1

Rescued this tiny girl from a petstore last night.

She's roughly 3" long including tail. Her skin is smooth, and her claws are curved. Her color is more uniform now that her front half has shed.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Bamboo 007.jpg Bamboo 022.jpg Bamboo 016.jpg

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I wanted to say "fan-footed" at first but her feet are just a little fanned. Not a whole lot.

Khatchet

3 Year Member
I could not find any thing to close to looking like him. Do you think maybe some type of house gecko.

Bex1

Someone mentioned that she looks like a Gehyra, I don't know for sure though

Khatchet

3 Year Member
Thank you Josh. I love to learn about them and truthfully I had to do a bit of studying to find this out.

Jetfire

I'm just starting working with kind of house gecko myself ( Fox gecko, H.garnotti).
House geckos aren't terribly fond of handling in general,they're more like day geckos in being observational pets,like fish. House geckos (there are around 50 fairly similar species,only a handful in the pet industry) like access to lots of hiding spaces (you'll be amazed @ the nooks and crannies that they'll squeeze into), and at least sub-tropical levels of humidity (I spray mine whenever I spray my gargoyles,usually twice a day). They can eat a buttload of crickets,too ( about 2 dozen small crickets weekly). The various caresheets I checked out couldn't seem to agree on whether or not UVB was required,being that they're nocturnal...I figured it couldn't hurt,so I am sharing a light between the gecko and my girlfriend's horned frog (their cages are right next to each other,with the light in the middle). Temps in the room are in the mid 70's.

Bex1

I have some pictures from just a few minutes ago. I may have to start her a full fledged thread to update her progress in healing.

This morning she drank a little when I sprayed her tank, and then decided that she was sick of me and my camera, so after I stalked her for a few minutes, she's back in her leaf sandwich. I managed to get a close picture of her feet too, I was very sneaky. :)
bamboo 041.jpg bamboo 033.jpg bamboo 034.jpg

Attachments

• bamboo 035.jpg
    bamboo 035.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20

Visit our friends