can you help ID my girl?

oddprawn

Donna
In May this year I hatched a very odd little leo, very unexpected!

The mum was a normal (wasnt aware of hets) obviously she was het albino but what else is going on. I dont believe she was a poor mack snow and neither does the prevous owner who bought her direct from the breeder.

heres the mum
Photo687.jpg

her father was a blazing blizzard but was very very white! He was unfortunately also blind. Both parents had normal eyes.

without knowing hets i was expecting normals het albino and blizzard. Since nearly all my eggs collapsed in a new incubator i wasnt expecting my last and only egg to even survive!

then this hatched, scuse the water she managed to get under the tray and into about an inch of water, due to the colour and the ability to "swim" she was named after my dinner which i was putting out at the time, a prawn curry!!

heres prawn out the egg

prawn.jpg

first question was where did the mack snow come from? the abberant pattern? the stripe down her tail?

2 weeks
aa.jpg

developing a visible dorsal stripe?
P1011079.jpg

Photo668.jpg

Definately showed a stripe from neck to tip of tail by 2 months
P1011248.jpg

4 months
4months.jpg

now at 5 months
4months2.jpg

she also displays eclipse eyes :main_huh:

any ideas are welcome, the only suggestion made by breeders is an albino calico. Ron tremper agreed that she was an oddball and did indeed fit the bill of a calico.

Johno305

I :heart: RAPTORs
Whatever she is she is AMAZING!!! You should be very proud of this little creature who beat the odds despite the incubator issue :main_yes: (I'm currently working out some kinks of my own). Congrats on this beauty, if you are still curious about her heritage you can always test breed her when she get big enough...Anyway of getting on a list for her possible future babies? :D

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
Wow, I have no clue what to even call her, but I have never seen anything like her! She is amazing! Gonna be selling her anytime soon ;-) I love her! Gorgeous gorgeous <3

oddprawn

Donna
well i have just reserved a blizzard het diablo blanco to test out the eclipse eyes and make some blizzard combos, a mack snow to double check she is a mack snow genetically and will keep a baby or two back for my other morph girls to prove someout.

ill be sooo ecxited when she had eggs they will be in a 24ct gold incubator with a personal guard lol ill be posting pics straight away. Id guess her weight at roughly 45g already so she should be ok towards the end of next years season but im getting ok at the follicle grading thing so will sheck if shes ready or not.

robin

LOL @ the queen

i wonder what she incubates in there hehe

i actually i would love to sit down and have a chat with the queen, i bet that old broad could tell you some amazing stories!

Last edited:

oddprawn

Donna
LOL @ the queen

i wonder what she incubates in there hehe

i actually i would love to sit down and have a chat with the queen, i bet that old broad could tell you some amazing stories!

sit down?? lol so wheres everyone on here from, is it mostly the US?

Last edited by a moderator:

Johno305

I :heart: RAPTORs
sit down?? lol so wheres everyone on here from, is it mostly the US?

<------My little info thingie says it all...wanna trade places?...I wouldn't mind going on holiday to Scotland...I just have to make sure I leash my Husband...lmao!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Yeah donna most people on here are from the us, however there are a few from here in the UK so don't worry your not alone, mind you that leo is amazing, although she looks that nice you might have to send her down to me, (as i live in london) and i can personally take her to see the queen....hahaa

robin

Yeah donna most people on here are from the us, however there are a few from here in the UK so don't worry your not alone, mind you that leo is amazing, although she looks that nice you might have to send her down to me, (as i live in london) and i can personally take her to see the queen....hahaa
take me to see the queen plz LOL

oddprawn

Donna
lol its ok. I sooo wish I was in the US as far as reptiles go, i cant get half what im looking for here, to get to a reptile show I have to travel 5.5 hours to Doncaster in England. We arnt allowed shows :(

Visit our friends