Can you really use this as a starting out rack?

bebetee

My friend has a question she has a couple of new leo's and she doesn't want to end up buying 10 tanks and 10 UTH pads so she was wondering if she's able to use something like this?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/RTGyfewT8su0EqVoFTJULQ

and instead of using heat tape .. her dad is worried about that, but to use zoomeds heat cable ? and just run it under the bins just for the moment being is that okay to use?

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I don't see too much of a problem as long as the heat cable is controlled by a thermostat or a well calibrated rheostat... Although I've heard these types of 'racks' can be prone to escapees...

bebetee

Thx for your reply back! I think that is the type of idea she wants to use as the bin ..but the one she wants to get it's much much deeper do they can't climb out!

Khrysty

Some have had escapees from these. I used a rack system similar to this for 9 months with no escapes. I think it depends on the cage furniture, the size of the gecko, they're desire to escape, and the distance between the top/lid and the edge of the bin.

Reddotgeckos

im using those drawers, with 100 ++ geckos and counting. No problem for me as long as you remember to close the drawers properly. :)

Visit our friends