Cant find good leo

Angel

Its not really a question or anything its more of a rant lol. I have been looking for a good leo for soooo long and cant seem to find a breeder up here {canada} I have found numerous leos on craigslist recently rescued one. So I get this call the other day from this guy "I have the nicest breeding pair of tangs" I go look yesterday the female has recnetly dropped her tail the male is scared and the top of his head is all red like serious "nice????".
Sad to say but so far i have found nicer leos in the pet stores lately. Another lady i went to claims she is a breeder but im thinking more petstore breeder she had a 50g tank with like 50-60 easily young geckos in there and said take your pick any 1 for $40. there were alot of different morphs however none looked too healthy alot where thinner than the rescue i just took in......aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh I felt bad leaving the tangs but I do want a nice one and i dont have the space to keep taking in rescues, wish I could take them all in.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Have you tried contacting The Urban Gecko? I know the prices on the website can be a bit shocking but they may have less expensive geckos that aren't on their site. Try calling and telling them what your budget is. Craig is a nice guy, I'm sure he won't laugh and hang up on you or anything. lol

Angel

thanks lol , they are in canada? do you know if american breeders can ship up here? or are there issues with the border holding packages??

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Yes, The Urban Gecko is in Canada. I'm sure someone can correct me but I think you have to have an exporter ship the geckos from the US to Canada and it's very expensive.

gitrdone0420

Gotta catch 'em all!
I think you are correct, Melody. I heard that to ship reptiles to Canada you have to get so many certificates and export license things and it is a big headache! I would def. recommend looking where you are at. I think there are a few breeders in Canada that are worth looking into. The Urban Gecko is just AMAZING!

marraeco8311

I know you didn't want to leave the tangs there but, if you did purchase them you would only enable the cruddy breeder to buy more and breed more and cause more problems. The only way is to have them shut down but, that is often more difficult and takes too long. Unfortunately just like a bad pet store, you just have to not buy and walk away.

Visit our friends