cat geckos?

Jetfire

I'm getting some different geckos at the next show to come around, and I've narrowed my potential choices to one of the larger leaftails (mossy or lined), vorax geckos, or cat geckos. Cat geckos have caught my eye at the last couple shows i've attended, but were never on my wish list (and I am pretty good at resisting temptation and making impulse buys,I like to know what i'm getting into before I do it).
So, my question is, had anyone here worked with/bred cat geckos? What size tank would be appropriate for an adult pair, how should it be set up, etc? How difficult are they to breed?

Jetfire

I've googled them too,I was just wondering if anyone had some first-hand experience. As far as them being wild-caught, i'm not too terribly worried. Every popular species of captive bred pet reptile started out as wild-caught, so someone's gotta do the work to make cb babies. I love a challenge, and the care parameters seem about the same as cresteds or gargs , just a little more humid.

Eve Saint

They are so cute I googled them. They have curly tails like monkees! Sorry no experience with them. Good luck

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
They are really cute! I would be considered about wild caught IF they are not doing well in the wild. If they are prevalent in the wild and the wild population isn't effected then it should be OK. Let us know if you get one!

Jetfire

They're not under any import restrictions or export quotas (unlike geckos from Madagascar or New Caledonia), and there's no mention of them on the latest C.I.T.E.S. listings, so i'm pretty sure that they're not endangered or anything...

Visit our friends