Chahoua Care

GeckoGeek143

image.jpg

This is Ryden my chahoua gecko. I know they aren't as common as some of the other geckos out there so I thought I would share some info about keeping them. Chahouas or "chewies" as we commonly refer to them are very similar to keeping a crested gecko. They are a little bigger so don't jump quite as much but still need a taller enclosure than wide. Don't get me wrong, the Can and will jump but are more likely to spend longer periods of time just hanging out on you. They thrive on the powdered crested gecko diet but also enjoy crickets a few times a week. I give Ryden the occasional wax worm as a TREAT only! Again, like the cresties these guys enjoy over ripened fruit like banana, peach and mango too. (NO citrus fruits). The fruit should be more of a treat unless mixed in with the CGD. I don't recommend baby food personally, but some people feed their fruit eating geckos baby food on occasion. I don't feel like there is anything beneficial in it for them and has a very high sugar content.
The females lay highly calcified eggs so caution must be taken while breeding to ensure the female is getting enough calcium. These are great, friendly, silly geckos that will quickly become one of your favorites! If any of you have chahouas of your own I would love to see pics!

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Excellent post! I love it. Thank you for sharing about some of the more rare geckos!

Visit our friends