Check out the new Reptiles issue March 2008

Ccrashca069

I got my March issue of Reptiles in the mail today. They have a great article on my biggest wish list gecko in it the Diplodactylus genus. They are some real cute and small kids. Darn I need to win the lottery :main_laugh:

Ccrashca069

Sorry had a busy day and barely home from having my truck brakes fixed. The Diplodactylus genus is from Austrailia and there are 23 differant species of them currently. Size is 2 1/2 inches- 5 1/2 inches long fully grown and depending on the species you have. They eat crickets, mealworms and some of the differant species even eat termites. They kinda remind me of the Banded Geckos. Austrailia put a Ban in 1999 for reptiles being shipped out so the only way we can get any if from anyone who bought some before 1999 and is breeding them. The only thing about them I don't like is they only live 5-8 years.
There is more and more about them. I have only found 1 place that breeds them. The Urban Gecko unless you get lucky and find some on Kingsnake. They are alot of money. I think starting is about $200 and up.

mrcsk8ter44445

Baseball=Life
I actually got mine today there only 23 days late but its ok they added 3 month to my subscription lol. I haven't gotten arounf to reading the article yet but plan to later on tonight. Too bad I wont be getting into Diplodactylus anytime soon the price on those guys is nuts. I also wish the have a U.milii article, maybe it'll come soon.

G

Gecko

Hey the Australia ban has been in place WAY before 1999. Like since 70's or late 60's I thought.

ByRandom

Deliriously Random
I understand what the diplodactylus genus is (I have a pair of d. galeatus on the way). I was just wondering which was on the cover. :)

Ccrashca069

ByRandom said:
I understand what the diplodactylus genus is (I have a pair of d. galeatus on the way). I was just wondering which was on the cover. :)

The cover is a big pic of Green Tree Pythons. The article has pics of the following: D.steindachneri, D.vittatus, D.pulcher, D.tessellatus, D.taenicauda, D.conspicillatus and D.damaeus.

nwheat

I enjoyed that issue overall!! I just love those little Diplodactylus geckos!! They are now high on my wish list (I know, I have enough geckos...). I also really enjoyed Greg Maxwell's Chondro article. I got to see some of the animals pictured in person last summer when I visited him to pick out a baby. :drool:

Visit our friends