Chinese Water Dragon

Amanda1

3 Year Member
Aww, those are cute! One of those escaped when I was at Petsmart one time. They kind of look like little green iguanas when they're babies (iguanas are my absolute favorite).

Gopherhockey03

I'll have to say those or baby beardies are the cutest non geckos. Problem is they need such big enclosures :(

Taiga

3 Year Member
These are like iguanas times two! They are even more picky eaters, and are very difficult to keep happy for their entire lives. But they are a very rewarding species :)

Amanda1

3 Year Member
These are like iguanas times two! They are even more picky eaters, and are very difficult to keep happy for their entire lives. But they are a very rewarding species :)

My iguana wasn't a picky eater. She ate anything we gave her, plus some stuff she wasn't supposed to eat (catfood, popcorn, geraniums...)

Sammerz1990

3 Year Member
they are so cute i was gonna get one before i got my LG's but im not good with exotic species yet...
i plan on haveing a reptile room when i get my own place =]

I think if you start them young and feed them what they need they will eat it like candy. My bearded dragon is proof because she loves greens but I started that early with her. That is a personal opinion of mine.

Gopherhockey03

Ya I think any reptile is open to anything if you start early. My first tortoise will not eat any Mazuri at all, no matter what I do. But my Shell-e I started her out right away and prefers it over fresh greens now!

Well I always start my baby reptiles on greens that need them so thy will eat them like my turtles. Also my passion is bearded dragons but I got mine eating greens like crazy and my second passion is crested geckos in the reptile world and I got mine on a great diet for a baby.

Gopherhockey03

I've always wanted Bearded dragons but with buying 4 UVB bulbs every year for the Torts I don't feel like spending another 50 bucks ha ha They seem awesome tho! I went into a HUGE reptile store and they had like 20 adults and they literally all watched every move I did and watched the tip of my finger go back in forth it was creepy... :confused:

HAHAAHAH I love them so much by far my favorite reptile and they are so alert and they get super attached to their onwers. Also my second favorite is crested geckos and they get attached too lol. But Bearded Dragons are the best ahahahha.:cool:

Gopherhockey03

They seem like it I watch youtube videos of them and they are goofy! How long do you think a 40 gallon breeder would last from baby to adult?

They seem like it I watch youtube videos of them and they are goofy! How long do you think a 40 gallon breeder would last from baby to adult?

Well 40 gallon breeder will last them their whole if but that it is the minium. 55 gallon tank is recommend. Also you feed them as young ones from just born to a year crickets that match their size everyday and feed them a mix of veggies every other day. 80% insects 20% veggies is what i do right now. But as they get older you feed them more salads with romaine lettuce, bell peppers carrots so often, collrid greens, a little grape and so fourth. But when they are older they eat more beggies instead protein. So if you have anymore questions just ask me i can help. Also i read on beautifuldragons.com is the best and you can come up with your own diet from their nutriention chart and they have about everything you need to know so read on there also. I hope i was help.:D

Saved her from a pet shop(local) and im going to order another off a breeder but mine is a sunburst morph 200-300 dollars morph. But i got her for a 100 Thank the LORD :p

Gopherhockey03

Dang... I was looking and they are pretty expensive haha maybe I will considering getting one after the Tortoises start breeding!!! And those orange BD's are cool there are ones on Bigappleherp.com that are a bright orange color. Very very cool.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
I love the way water dragons look but I'm not sure they're the pet for me personally

Visit our friends