Color and pattern change over time?

S

Select Serpents

I'm new to the forums, and to leopard geckos. I'm curious about how these guys develope. I've seen some super clean bell albino hatchlings for example, but all of the examples of the adults I've ran across are heavily spotted. Do the spots develope over time, or are these guys just realy variable and I haven't ran across any pics of adults without spots?

Would love to see before and after shots of geckos as they mature.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Yes there is a drastic colour change that happens as the gecko grows, I would say in the first 3 months you will see a new gecko emerge. (pattern wise)

S

Select Serpents

I've been searching image threads and ran across: I remember...

Then a couple pages back, I came across this one: My clutch mates growing up!
The first two look pretty similar, but the next two shots of them just blow me away. One got spots, the other didn't really. And both completely changed color.

That kind of answers my question. I'm sure some produce more spots than others. I was trying to figure out if it was possible to produce a leo that was similar to the Oreo fat tailed geckos. With just twose two examples, I'm more confused than ever on how to predict what your hatchling is going to turn out like. Seems the best thing to do is see the parents, and cross your fingers.

My wife likes the bold stripes, bandits and such, whereas I don't really like any sort of spotting. Guess I need to research a bit more.

Visit our friends