cool new upper penthouse!!

mcarthon

i got my lg the rocky shoals foam background for his bday in march. and i jus kept experiemting a lil an came up with this. and before you say he can get out. I absolutly watched him for a couple days an put a top on at night until i felt safe. he would peek over the edge for like 20 seconds am backs off. He escaped lije 6 months ago climbing the plants and hated it hasnt tried again since.

chechatonga

Pretty cool but some geckos can be unpredictable....One day he might escape and something bad could happen to him. Why not put hide in cage and put top on just in case. It would still look great.:)

snakegirl

Its not really like he "will not get out" He will just a matter of time...Good luck finding you when he does.

mcarthon

He has escaped before so it already happen he climbed the plants but that was months ago hasn't wanted to since. If any drop is too high he won't jump off, which I learned from experience.

roger

He has escaped before so it already happen he climbed the plants but that was months ago hasn't wanted to since. If any drop is too high he won't jump off, which I learned from experience.

There are people here that are trying to prevent an accident with your leo about falling.They are trying to give u sound advice.Please listen to them.Just because it hasn't happened doesnt mean i wont happen in the future.Its the leo that will be going through the pain not you.

Taquiq

JK Herp
Yeah, it probably won't climb the plants so it won't be that easy to find. Please put a top on. One unexpected day it WILL climb out. If your leo does that why not him just walk around anywhere if your not afraid of him getting out or lost.

My point- Please put a top on or consequences will be horrible.

mcarthon

yea i decided to put his top on when im not home or sleeping, but when im in my room i can always see him so ill let him have free reign when im around.

Neo.Reptiliac

its not like he is more comfortable with it on or off. Honestly he likely would feel better with a lid on. It would make it feel less wide open to him. Geckos don't like wide open places cause in the wild if they are in the open then that makes them prime predator food.
Not to mention that just cause it's too dangerous of a high, doesn't mean he wont jump off it. Ive had geckos take a flying leap out of my hands while I was standing up. Surely they would of hurt themselves if I wasn't able to catch them before they hit the floor.

Visit our friends