Cork bark growing mold

crazylizardlady

I have two cork bark rounds in my cresties tank and Ive just seen that both of them have white mold blooming on them. Shes in a ten gallon glass with a screen top, shes only about 5-6grams right now, paper towel as substrate. I mist twice a day tried only doing it once the first time I had the mold and it worked to get rid or it but didnt keep the humidity up enough. I thought cork bark was pretty resistant to mold, am I just doomed to not having wood in the tank? Any suggestions how to get rid of the mold and keep it gone a or a replacement that would offer the same hiding spot as the small cork rounds that wont mold?

CrestedBrazil

Why don't you try coco fiber instead of corc bark, i always use coco fiber misting twice or trhee times a day and had no problems with fungus.

Enviado de meu SM-G900M usando Tapatalk

indyana

There should be a humidity cycle in the cage. Like, spray up to 90% at night, and by the next evening, it should be down to 50-60%. I personally haven't had any issues with cork molding, even when I used to have a quarantine cage with paper towel and fake plants.

crazylizardlady

There should be a humidity cycle in the cage. Like, spray up to 90% at night, and by the next evening, it should be down to 50-60%. I personally haven't had any issues with cork molding, even when I used to have a quarantine cage with paper towel and fake plants.

I mist heavily at night, by morning humidity is around 30-40% so I mist lightly before I go to work bringing it back up to around 60%. Maybe I just got some knock off cork bark. I took it out and boiled it so far so good, I hope it can be saved my little crestie loves those things she hangs out in them all the time.

Visit our friends