Craigslist Find!

Stomlin35

Gamer momma
I got my first ever leopard gecko from craigslist. She came with 2 lamps, 20g tank, lid, and hides for $75. She looked healthy in the pictures they sent so I went and picked her up. It wasn't until about a week later, after she hadn't been eating, that I realized they were pawning her off onto whoever would take her because she wouldn't eat.

Turns out she just needed to be spoiled a bit, and hand fed. Now she's growing like a weed, eats mealworms like a champ (hates crickets, she's a lazy hunter heh), and lets me carry her around all day while I do chores and play on the computer.

The people who sold her may be laughing and thinking they got the deal by pawning her off... they probably assume she's died by now... but I get the last laugh when I feed her every evening and she arches her back for her nightly pets. :main_thumbsup:

snowgyre

I got two normal (but HUGE, 100+ gram) male leos from craigslist. It's actually a really cute story. A nature and 4H center by me in Georgia had a pet leo for years for the education program and it recently passed away, so they contacted me about getting another one since they knew I bred leos. I was more than willing to give them one, but they wanted a normal and I don't have normals in my collection.

Instead, I shopped around on craigslist and found a 9 yr old boy who, after learning the geckos would be used to teach kids, donated a $75 setup to the nature center. It's so wonderful to see children willing to help children!

StopperExotics

I find, for Canadians such as myself, finding deals on Craigslist is nearly impossible. I don't think many Canadians use it, to be honest. I find great deals on Kijiji though, do any of you use Kijiji at all?

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
I've heard of it, but actually have never even been to it once, nor have i ever seen it, so i didn't even know what it was, lol

I think i'll go check it out now just for the heck of it... lol

Visit our friends