Crested gecko cage sizing....

Diego:)

3 Year Member
So I have two crested geckos (Both female) and was thinking about breeding them. I'm not going to have a ton of babies or anything, but I was wondering if I could put a male in with my two females. It's a thirty gallon tank and the two seem to be doing great. Any thoughts?

midnightgecko

Hi Diego,
It's mostly recommended to have a 40 gallon tank for 2 geckos so I suggest you put the male and one female at a time, not at the same time. This will prevent from fighting over hides, food, etc. but good luck!! :)

Amanda1

3 Year Member
What are the dimensions of the tank? I would advise against housing the male with one female; she will get stressed when he focuses all his attention on her. The 1 male to 2 females ratio would be best. But even then I wouldn't keep the male in there all the time. If you want to breed, just put him in for a day or two and then take him out (into his own, separate cage). Otherwise they may breed constantly all year round, with no time for the females to get their weight and calcium levels up in between. That would be dangerous, if not deadly for them. Make sure to supplement the females with extra calcium while they're breeding too.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
You'll definitely want to protect your female and make sure she's healthy and well-fed with lots of vitamins if you're going to breed her with any regularity. I'd keep M and F separate for the most part. With the females, just give them plenty of space and multiple hides and water sources

Visit our friends