• Put in food dish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CGD only (100% fine, btw)

• Other

• Total voters

Skunkwulf

My lil' crestie is coming up on 10g right now. I started a dubia colony awhile back, and while I was waiting for that to start producing, I was supplementing CGD with crickets. The dubias finally have a sustaining, multi-sized colony, and I'm ready to switch over (absolutely done with crickets - noisy, stinky, always manage to escape somehow... ugh).

The thing is, I'm not sure how to go about with feeding her the dubias. She's in a 40 gallon, densely planted vertical bioactive setup. When I would put crickets in, they would hop all over the place and it was pretty easy for her to hunt them. I've heard from people that dubias like to hide and burrow though... I'm worried they would just disappear in there.

Clementine isn't the biggest on tong feeding, although I guess I could get her used to it, but that feels like it kind of takes away the whole purpose of letting her hunt , right?

I'm curious to hear how people go about giving their feeders, especially roaches.

Onelifegecs

I don’t have any cresties currently but You can put them in the ledge feeders you feed the Pangea in. Other than that I’m not sure tong feeding may be the best idea just stimulate the hunting behavior by moving the tongs around

Visit our friends