D. Tesselatus Pics

MonteQ's

Well the kids got a new home the other day, so I figured it was time for a few pics. Hope you like em :)

My male from Derek at SBR -- I absolutely love this little dude!
tmc2.jpg

How could you not love a face like that
tmc1.jpg

I used a sharpen filter on both of these^

And the female from Pat at Saurian.
tfc1.jpg

She's pretty flighty, so no head shot just yet. One more just for fun...
tfc3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Great pick ups. great set up I like it and the addition of the relic pottery just brings a certain something. the enclosure is simple yet functional with a slight flare.

Haroldo

Nice looking Diplos...certainly some that you don't see around much anymore. I've had mine for a few years now, but always miss getting the eggs. Do you have a humid hide/egg-laying chamber in there?

MonteQ's

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm thrilled to finally be able to enjoy them a bit more!

Derek does have some amazing geckos! Great guy too!

Matt- lol, it never even occured to me to do an enclosure shot. I'll try to get some pics tonight. It's still sort of a work in progress. I wasn't entirely sure what they'd make the most use of.

Harold- I know what you mean. The female was surprisingly tough to track down. I do have a nest box in there...I've heard a few others mention similar problems with their eggs. So far the female spends most of her time in there. I'll be sure to let you know how it works out. Btw- what Diplos do you keep? Feel free to shoot me a pm ;)

MonteQ's

Here's the tank shot. I'm open to any suggestions. Sorry for the quality, the glare down there is brutal...
TessTank.jpg

Haroldo

Just saw this.

With the broken clay pots, you sanded down the sharp edges no? Also, try giving them a branch or two to climb on (finger thick). They seem to actually enjoy climbing (they are light, so don't be surprised if you find one hanging on the glass) and the bark can be used to aid in shedding. What are your temps like?

-H

MonteQ's

No worries Harold. I appreciate any advice ;)

Yes, I sanded down all the sharp edges. I will throw in a couple branches for them. I've actually been quite suprised with the ease these guys climb. Have yet to catch one on the glass though.

The temps are 85-89 at the hot spot, room temp 72-74 on the cool end. The hot spot is centered at the front portion of the humid hide and under the left most catch basin. I have yet to witness any breeding activity. Have you found cooling to be necessary for your diplos?

Visit our friends