deformed or droped tail when young

JordanAng420

There is no deformity...the gecko just dropped it's tail and regenerated it at some point.

As an aside...it looks really skinny. I almost want to say I can see part of it's spine poking out towards the middle...make sure this little one is eating well and housed in appropriate housing. Good luck!

GeckoGurl

I agree looks way too skinny... but that is a regen tail... my AFT also has a regen tail. If you are familiar with Leos they both have the same types of tailes with the symmetry and ridges. Here is a pic of my AFT Ecko. And my Albino Leo Zoe.

MiamiLeos

Just curious.. did you get this gecko from the same place you got the little patty leo? If so, I would strongly urge you to call the humane authorities, i.e. the ASPCA and report the person who sold them to you.

As for the gecko, his tail is regenerated,as was stated above. I'm really not sure who looks worse, this guy or the leo.. they are both pretty bad. I would do the same as I said for the leo, feed him as much as he wants - remember, AFTs can be picky and some will only take one food source so just make sure he gets enough food. Just as a side note, not sure if you know this or not, but leos and fattys should never be housed together. These two should be housed separately from any other animals, even from the same species, just because of their condition. Keep us updated with their progress!

Visit our friends