Do You...?

Wyspie

Do you sing to your gecko? I was sitting with my baby leo last week, just talking to her and enjoying the peace and quiet in the house. I couldn't think of anything else to say to her, so I started singing. Her name is Halo Golightly, so I sang Moon River, of course. ;) I noticed that she had stopped wandering around and was looking at me, and then her eyes started blinking and drifted shut. She fell asleep! I thought it had to be a coincidence, so I've done it a few t times since then. Every time I sing that song to her, she falls asleep! I still thought that I was reading too much into it. Last night, I decided to try something, so I went upstairs to visit my son's gecko, Huni. Huni and Hali are clutchmates, so they're both still quite small. Huni has never willingly come out of her hide for anything other than food when there are people in the room. I talked to her for a few minutes, but saw no sign of her. Then, I started singing Baby Mine from Dumbo. By the end of the first few lines, her little head was poking out of her hide. By the main verse, she was all the way out. She came all the way up to the front of her tank and sat there, staring at me with her big, wide baby eyes through the entire song! Am I crazy, or do geckos like it when you sing to them?

Reactions: 667

Hello Wyspie, I don't think I have ever sang to my gecko but, if it is working to make Halo Golightly go to sleep and Huni to become social then I would keep doing it.

Wyspie

I will definitely continue singing to both of them. Of course, my sweet Hali, Miss Sassy Scales herself, now lets her eyes drift shut until I stop. Then, her eyes snap open, her head snaps up, and she gives me a very demanding smile until I do it a second, and maybe a third time. lol I have spoiled her, and I have no regrets.

Visit our friends