Does anyone elses gecko.... ???

KDesautels08

Hey Guys,

So recently upon filling my Geckos' vitamin mineral supplements, I noticed something interesting... Several of my geckos, cannot go an hour without trashing their cages with vitamin/mineral powder, while others lick the lid (I put the supplement in bottle lids) completely clean and dont get a drop anywhere in their cage.. Once I refilled the suppliments of the messy geckos, I watched them for about a half hour after, and noticed that the messy geckos where literally biting the lids and flipping them over! Does anyone elses geckos do this? Do you guys set up your cages in a way to prevent such massive spillage?

Last edited:

PanJaster

Hello

It seems some geckos just hate some things ... My female leos are perfect, they do not even try to destroy anything, they sometimes move some light decorations but that is all, no mess from any vitamin or mineral supplements yet. But my male is a real opposite, he literally kill every plant in his setup, even those plastic ! :main_laugh: He just bites them and throws away ... and also he makes a great mess with supplements. He won't allow any supplements, so he will dig in it until nothing is in supplement bowl.

Yet I did not find any way to prevent him doing this, so I just dont give him supplements into cage and I only dust every roach or anything else before feeding him.

Visit our friends