Don't know what to feed my leopard gecko

Waveone

I have a few month old leopard gecko. Before she wasnt eating and her tail got skinny. It is still skinny. She now weighs 5.9 grams. I had her on ensure for a few weeks and now she eats on her own. I've been giving her waxworms because she likes those. I know they are fattening. She likes them the best. She sometimes eats mealworms but always goes for waxworms first. I was thinking about putting her on Phoenix worms since they look like the waxworms. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JessJohnson87

Some do not like phoenix worms but it's worth a shot. When you feed mealworms, I would not put any wax worms in with them. Hornworms are another great feeder to try on a picky eater, most will not turn those down and they're the good kind of gecko crack.

Dubia roaches are really great if she's not into crickets, you can try to find a small batch that you can order or pick up at a reptile shop.

tkurt

I've had a couple hatchling geckos not wanting to eat. What I do is hold the gecko firmly with one hand and a meal worm in the other. I tear the meal worm in half and rub the guts on her mouth, most of the time they will eat it and after a few times get that they're supposed to eat. The more difficult geckos I hold the gecko the same way and I carefully pry its mouth open and stick my finger so they can't close they're mouth and then I put a full meal worm in its mouth and let them eat, repeat a few times and they learned. But that's just what works for me. All my geckos eat mealworms now with Dubia every couple days

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Visit our friends